lunes, 3 de diciembre de 2018

In a Vase on Monday - Cat Toy


Just a few snippets

You know, there are some very talented gardening bloggers out there who also excel in flower arranging.  I just happen to not be one of them.

Gaura, with her long-arching arms, is difficult to photograph


But, I often have a few clippings in a base on our kitchen table, especially on the weekends.  This weekend I had been taking cuttings to propagate gaura, salvia and abelia, so the flower tips wound up in an old maple syrup bottle on the table.  It did not take long for our cat, Luna, to take an interest in it.



Stop by Rambling in the Garden for the weekly In A Vase on Monday posts to see other proper arrangements.  As for my little vase, it's now high up on top of the cupboards, where I'm sure the spiders will enjoy it.






11 comentarios:

  1. Amusing indeed - did the vase go over in the end? That would have been a big surprise for your cat! Good luck with your cuttings - will you try and root them in water, or pot them up? Thanks for sharing - and keep plonking things in vase, which is what most of do!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Cathy, I potted up the lower part of the stems, and saved the flowering tips for my little "vase". Thanks for visiting!

      Eliminar
  2. Oops, that was nearly the end of the vase. I have two new kittens so vases have to be right out of the way but they are jumping higher every day. Very pretty bits and pieces.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh I think your arrangement of snippets is lovely and I don't consider myself an arranger either.

    Donna@GardensEyeView

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Donna, I think that the hardest part for me is cutting the flowers. I much rather seeing them in the garden.

      Eliminar
  4. Luna is so cute! How could you tempt her that way?! My cat Pipig usually ignores my arrangements - unless she thinks I'm paying more attention to them then I do to her, in which case she's been known to knock them over.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I loved the video of Luna enjoying her floral toy! Thanks for the smile.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, cats make me smile, too. It's so unfortunate that they can't smile back.

      Eliminar
  6. Dear Karin, I think your flower arrangement is very arti! And your CAT! ... is your greatest fan!

    Groetjes,
    Hetty

    ResponderEliminar