jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day at our house means onion soup for the Man of the House and a heart-shaped chocolate cake for our two little men.  Believe it or not, my youngest son does not care for frosting (who ever heard of such a thing?! I guess I didn't eat enough frosting while pregnant...) but that's fine by his older brother, who gets double servings.

 

I also whipped up some cookies out of some dough I had frozen at Christmas, and lots of these went to my friend V, who is a young widow with a 9-year-old son.   

 
 
And, let's not forget the My Funny Valentine sweater I knitted for my little niece.  I call it "funny", because this is one of my make-it-up-as-I-go-along specialties.  It's a mix of 2 patterns (for gauge and sizing), a heart graph that I copied and tweaked, as well as a completely made-up neckline and edging.  I just hope it fits!
 
 
 
As you can see, I prefer making things myself on Valentine's Day.  This is probably because they don't sell heart-shaped boxes of chocolates in Spain.  Actually, they don't sell any chocolates in Spain.  Russell Stover could make millions here! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario