viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2018

End of the Month Garden View - November, 2018

Well, that went fast.  Of course, I didn't get much done in the garden this month, but I did at least do something.


New planting area

Since we've had some rain and the clay has softened up a bit, I have been focusing on the back patio area.  The 'soil' is absolutely horrendous, so several days were taken up by ammending the area before planting.  This will be an irrigation-free area, and my budget is 0€, so I have been planting propagated cuttings and iris divisions.  If it all dies, at least I won't be taking a loss!



I've also been moving around rocks in front of a small slope to create a planting area with improved soil, but now I've found that Trufa has been digging up the irises.

New planting área on small slope - look at those holes!  BAD DOG!

 

The front yard could use some cleaning up, but that will have to be done next month.

The neglected front garden
 


Taking photos for this post and owning up to the current state of my garden does not exactly feel inspiring.  Will next month be any better?




I am posting with The Patient Gardener for the End of the Month View, where other gardeners will hopefully have accomplished more than I this month.


What have you been doing in your garden this month?





3 comentarios:

  1. Hi from Australia! It’s very interesting to see your garden in Spain, and I notice some of the grey leafed drought hardy plants I have here. We have terrible clay soil too, but brought in more soil to build up the beds and create a better situation for the plants. I like your winding paved path very much. Jane janesmudgeegarden.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Jane, thanks for visiting! The path is actually straight and wide, but I have let several plants get a bit out of control. I'll have to take care of that when I do my rose pruning.

      Eliminar
  2. Dear Karin, I have clay soil as wel, but I have added a lot of material to it. Sand, manure, sand, more manure, and next year again and again. it is a never ending story. And you have to train your dog to keep out of the Irises!!! They like hot sunny conditions. Groetjes,
    Hetty

    ResponderEliminar