jueves, 30 de abril de 2020

Too much?

We have been quarantined at home since March 12th, and that has given me ample time to spend in my garden. Not work in the garden, mind you, because a larger volume of medical pre-publications have been demanding my attention, logically. But, a looksie here and there have got me thinking...

I have too much purple. Yes, yes I do.




Well, to be fair, perhaps I didn't necessarily have too much purple to begin with, but over the years my white Thalia daffodils have disappeared (the shrews?), as have the gladiolus byzantinus (ditto?). Meanwhile, the native lavandula stoechas and iris have been prospering, and the wisteria is slowly climbing the pergolas. I am now kicking myself for not planting a white wisteria.



Thank goodness for Lady Banks!






1 comentario:

  1. I'm not sure it's possible to have too much purple in a garden, after all it complements green so well! My garden seems to bloom in stages, color-wise. I'm currently moving into the yellow stage, after a relatively brief pink stage following my blue stage.

    ResponderEliminar