miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2018

Fall foliage


Fall foliage in Spain is mostly monochrome: gold on gold.  So, one of my goals in my garden has been to bring in more oranges and reds, reminiscent of my native New England.  Sometimes, you have to look hard, but it's coming along.  

Parthenocissus quinquefolia

For some reason, Parthenocissus quinquefolia likes hanging out at the top of the fence.  It hasn't grown much in years, and I wonder if it will ever fill in.



Tricuspidata on the front wall

A Boston girl loves her Boston Ivy!  But it really did not get colorful this year.


Strawberry




Fraxinus angustifolia Raywood

But, don't worry!  There's still plenty of gold here, too.

Morus alba?

Fig




Happy Thanksgiving!






4 comentarios:

  1. Oh the red is just delightful, even if in small amounts! You've created a beautiful space. Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks, Dana! Hope you are enjoying a lovely turkey. I couldn't find one this year. It's not something that Spaniards usually eat.

      Eliminar
  2. Dear Karin, your Parthenocissus looks like a guirlande! I love that feel of autumn party style. Thanks for your comment on my previous blog. Next time I will try to get the bitternes from my olives with salted water. groetjes,
    Hetty

    ResponderEliminar
  3. A touch of color on the Parthenocissus here, but mostly still green. Yours is lovely!

    Growing up in SoCal, as a little kid I was always baffled by the "fall color" celebrations in books and on TV--because "fall foliage color" in my neighborhood meant brown. It still creates an underlying baffled feeling.

    ResponderEliminar