martes, 31 de marzo de 2015

White and yellow

Yes, the sun is out and stronger than ever, although it really is too much this early in the season.  Temperatures have been high 70's to low 80's.  The bees are busy, the clay soil is rock-solid once again, and watering my latest plantings is a top priority.

Ah, but the flowers...!  The freesia are blooming, and I've got a pot of them next to my armchair on the porch.  Smells heavenly!



While many daffodil bulbs disappeared during the construction of the front walkway, some have survived and are slowly awakening.

The simple whites are my favorite





 Isn't the sun simply blinding?


I've seen some neighbors checking out my calleryana flowering pear tree, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these around the neighborhood soon.
  

Pompoms or snowballs?  Can't decide.


Guess who else is happy the sun is back!

As for me, I'm holding out for the rain to return...

1 comentario:

  1. Dear Karen, poor us, north european, we have a blistering storm and a lot of rain! Your Narcissus look so nice, I like the white ones as wel. Enjoy the sunshine! Groetjes, Hetty

    ResponderEliminar